Recommendations of GCC Cigre’s 1st Seminar
- The insulation contamination problem exists due to the high humidity at the GCC countries and it has a sever impact on system overall performance, so a systematic understanding of this problem through cooperative efforts of electric utilities in the region is needed.
- Number of engineers and concerned parties has worked out to seek appropriate measures to resolve the contamination problems. They have applied various approaches and attained encouraging results in coping with and resolving these problems. So these findings should be exposed and known to the engineers and other concerned departments.
- Co-operation between the electric utilities and the research centers in the GCC countries is essential to expose this problem to more scientific and practical research.
- GCC engineers are urged to frequently, exchange their practical experiences and knowledge in all aspects of power system operational problems and come up with unified methodologies to resolve them or mitigate their effects.
- Necessity of performing more research to resolve this problem and this can be partly achieved through acquaintance and earning of other similar countries experience in this field.
Establishing a unified database and a GCC CIGRE working group on insulators contamination.