GCC Cigre’s 4TH Seminar
SF6 GAS INSULATEDSUBSTATIONS
(Dhahran 12- 13th May 1993)
1. SF6 Gas Insulated Substations are highly reliable, as they are not exposed to environmental weather conditions that could have adverse effects on performance.
2. SF6 Gas Insulated Substations are particularly advantageous when space limitations are there, as they normally occupy less space.
3. It has been noticed that the number of serious accidents and failures increase as the operating voltage increase.
4. Re-use of gas is not recommended, as this will have its adverse effects on the environment.
5. Exchange of design information through visits and site discussions should he encouraged.
6. Exchange of operational information related to fault, risk hazards, etc. and other information such as damages to the SF6 equipment which may result from unsuitable packing, transport or erection is essential.
7. Research should be encouraged to clarify certain technical points which are related to gas leakage and other defects in standard designs of SF6 substations.
8. Formulate a GCC Specification for SF6 gas insulated equipment.
9. Technical capability of GCC engineers on SF6 substations related matters should he enhanced through training and attendance of similar seminars.
10. Encouraging local experts to address the concerned GCC engineers through technical lectures throughout the year.